Saturday, June 6, 2009

Squeaky clean

Yes, I know I still have a lot to post regarding my surgery but I'll have time to catch up after I get home and get settled. The plan is for me to go home sometime tomorrow! I can't wait! I'm not looking forward to the long drive home but it will be worth it in the end.

If you have speakers and can hear the song I added, you will know that today was the first day I was allowed to take a shower. The aides washed my hair with no-water shampoo on Thursday and I was able to wash myself up with disposable wipes everyday but because my wound drain hadn't been removed, I couldn't take an actual shower. The nurse took out the wound drain early this afternoon and I went right in the shower after that. Dustin had to help me because I couldn't do a whole lot but it was nice to get my hair and body washed with real shampoo.

I probably could have fallen asleep on the way from the shower room back to my room because the shower was a work out! I couldn't believe how much physical strength I had to use to wash up!

At any rate, sometime tomorrow I'll be home! I miss my kids so much and I know that although it was fun staying at Grandpa/Grandma Heeringa's and Grandpa/Grandma Van's, they are ready to come home, too.

Hopefully, the next post will be from my living room. Thank you so much for all of the prayers you have sent up on my behalf. I can feel God's healing hands working through my body.

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad you were able to come home so soon...I know it probably doesn't seem soon to you though...hospitals are not fun! We are praying for you daily...let us know if you need (or just want) anything!
    ~Abbie & Karen

    ReplyDelete