Saturday, June 13, 2009

Some good news

Hey, did I tell you I didn't get the femoral osteotomy done? I asked about it during my pre-op and they said that if it needed to be done, they would do it in a second surgery six months from now. Mayo was going to take a look during the hip surgery and see if it needed to be corrected but I didn't hear anything either way. I guess no news is good news, right?

I also found out in my pre-op that my right hip has the same dysplasia but would only have to be fixed if it became symptomatic. I guess we'll wait and see.

One more thing, Mayo said that the dysplasia in my left surgical hip turned out to be worse than what was shown on the x-ray but he was able to correct everything. See? Rock star.
By the way, my sister and my husband met Mayo on surgery day are are not convinced of his rock star status. Apparently, it's only clear to the select few.

No comments:

Post a Comment