Saturday, June 20, 2009

Funked up

All of my prior posts have been pretty cheerful but I have to admit that not everything has been going very well the past couple of days this week. To put it simply, I have been in a funk. Actually, I'm not sure funk is the right word. It's more like I felt like a dark cloud had descended over my house. I'm usually a pretty emotional person but the past couple weeks I have been over-the-top emotional. Apparently, according to Dustin, someone at the hospital said this was a side effect of the medication I'm taking. I have no recollection of this but I guess I'll believe him anyway.


It started on Wednesday, I would start crying for no apparent reason. Dustin would come home from work and I would be sobbing. I have to give Dustin so much credit for dealing with me these past couple of days. When I sobbed that I was sick of sleeping in the living room on a hospital bed, he graciously removed the box spring from our bed in our bedroom so it wasn't so high which made it easier for me to get into. When I sobbed for no reason, he would just tell me it would be OK and let me sob.

I emailed my Dr. office and told them about my current state of mind and they said that it's not from my meds, it's because I'm not getting out of the house enough and I'm not used to having to rely on others all the time. Now that I know this, I packed my weekend full of activity in hopes to keep my blues away. It's now Sunday evening and so far, it's worked. I think it's easier to keep busy during the weekend so I hope I can keep the blues away this coming week.

I have to admit, during my recovery I am craving normalcy. I'm constantly reminded that things are not normal. For one thing, there's a hospital bed in my living room and a shower chair in my bathroom. My bed isn't normal because Dustin took the box spring off and I'm constantly being followed by a pair of crutches. As much as I've loved the meals the people from my church have been bringing over for the past two weeks, I'm glad that we're done with that. Please don't think I'm not appreciative because I am. I'm not sure how we would have managed without them but it's going to be nice to be able to have a choice when it comes to mealtime once again.

So, as I approach the coming week, I ask that you pray that I don't fall back into my funk. I'm not sure my kids and husband can handle another week of uncontrollable crying.

I just remembered I haven't posted anything about my time in the hospital. I'll have to post something within the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment