Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shots and Cats

I left something out when I showed the amount of medication I take in a 24-hour period

This is a Fragmin injection that I have to give myself once a day, for the next two weeks.


Fragmin is a type of medicine called low–molecular-weight heparin (LMWH). It can help keep the blood from forming clots or keep a clot from getting larger.

I thought I would have trouble with actually giving myself a shot but I don't. I just have to remove the cap and stick it in my stomach as far as it will go it. Then I just push the plunger down, remove it from my skin and that's it, shot given! The needle itself is only about an inch or so long so that makes it easier.
On a side note, look who's taken up residency in my bed during recovery?
It's our cat. Her "legal" name at the vet is Boo Boo but she has so many nicknames. Currently, when asked, our children will tell you her name is Ooba. I think names in our house just keep evolving into different ones as time goes by. Her name started out as Kitty. It then changed to Itty Bitty Kitty. Then Bitty. Then Bitty Boo Boo, then Boo Boo, then...well, you get the point.
I hope she doesn't get too used to sleeping on a bed, indoors very much longer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment