Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm regressing back to my childhood...

My doctor sent me home with a few exercises to do post-surgery. The first few are normal; glut sets, quad sets and ankle sets. It's the fourth one on the list that I think is silly: lie on your stomach for about 30 minutes 2 times/day. As a parent, you are told to do the same thing to your infant when they are learning how to roll. When an infant has to spend time on their stomachs it's called "tummy time". I guess I have to make sure I get some tummy time in now, too.

Dustin called me from work Tuesday and says, "You forgot to do something yesterday. Well, we both forgot but you need my help in order to do it."
I wracked my brain trying to figure out what I would have forgotten...I paid the house payment and all of the other necessary bills before surgery, the kids didn't have any dentist/doctor appts. that we missed and I didn't think we had missed and important school or family functions. I could not figure out what I had forgotten.
"Tummy time!!" he said. I was expecting to hear that we had missed something important but no, we missed tummy time. I'm glad he finds this humorous.

When Dustin came home for his lunch break yesterday he says, "Are you ready for tummy time?" I was kind of hoping he had forgotten but he didn't so I had to spend 30 min. on my stomach. We are technically supposed to do this twice a day but we could only squeeze in one session. Maybe we'll do both today. Hurray. And no, I won't post a picture of myself during tummy time.

I tried to find a song to go along with tummy time and all I could find was one called, Party in my Tummy. Apparently, this is a remix. I think the original has a little less funk. Oh well, it will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment