Thursday, May 28, 2009

Five more days!!!

I only have 5 more days until my surgery and tomorrow is my pre-op appointment. Wait, what time is it? Correction. Today is my pre-op and instead of sleeping at 1:18 a.m. I am blogging. Sigh. I was sleeping. I was sleeping quite well actually, that is until Dustin came home from doing field work at 12:30 a.m. and woke me up. I decided sleep is out of the question for the next while so I thought I'd blog, read my book and then try to go back to sleep.

Since I'll be in Tacoma most of the day today, I took the entire day off at work. This means I only have one more work day left before D-day. My poor co-workers. I have a wonderful group of women that are going to fill in and do my job (not to mention their own jobs) for me while I'm gone and frankly, they are petrified. At least that's the impression they are giving me. I keep assuring them that things will be fine and they will do an amazing job but I think they still have their doubts. Do you hear that ladies (you know who you are)...you will be fine. My 6 - 8 week leave will fly by and I'll be back before you know it. :) It's so much easier to be positive when you're the one at home recovering and you're not the one stressing out. I appreciate each one of you! I'm so glad you are willing to help me out while I go through this.

I should probably wrap things up so I can try to get some more sleep. I'm sure I will have a lot more information to post regarding my surgery after my appointment today. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment