Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm healing!!

OK, so it has taken me awhile to post my results of my last follow up with Dr. Mayo. :/ I saw Sara, Dr. Mayo's PA, because Mayo was on vacation (or something like that) and she looked at my x-rays and said my joints looked awesome. I'm so glad I seem to be healing just like I'm supposed to. I'm officially 5 1/2 months post op and I still have a little bit of pain when I lift my leg/knee up while I'm standing but I can definitely tell that things are getting better.

During my appointment I begrudgingly told Sara that I've been playing volleyball for the past couple of weeks and she kind of gave me a look. I told her that I was being very careful and wasn't doing too much jumping around. She said that as long as I limited my jumping, I should be OK. I wonder if Mayo would have said the same thing? Fortunately, she gave me the OK to play softball in the summer. Hurray!! It still feels like I have a hitch in my giddy-up when I run so I hope to hit the gym within the next few weeks and try to work out the kinks.

I don't have to go back see Dr. Mayo until my 1 year post-PAO anniversary in June unless my right hip starts giving me troubles but so far, so good.

I plan on traveling to South Carolina in March for a friends wedding and I'm wondering if I'm going to set off any alarms with all the hardware in my hip? I should probably ask Mayo's office about that prior to my vacation, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Terri's (hipsk8.blogspot.com) screws didn't set off the metal detectors at the airport, but I don't know about your drill bit. :-)

    ReplyDelete